Commercial Services Assistant
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Facilities Hard Department based in Birmingham city centre. The department is comprised of the following areas of business:-
- Vehicle Recovery
- Uniform and Equipment
- Design and Print
The Commercial Services Assistant role supports the above functions and requires a practical approach to systems and processes.
You will be required to work within all areas of Facilities Management Hard reporting to the relevant supervisors. The post holder will be expected to:
- Support a range of team members.
- Communicate with police officers of all ranks, contractors, court services, solicitors as well as members of the public.
Due to the broad scope of this role you must:
- be able to demonstrate reliability and flexibility
- be innovative in problem solving
- demonstrate effective communication skills
The role is based in Birmingham city centre and there will be opportunity to visit other departments and service providers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To deliver an efficient and effective demand and supply function for the Facilities Hard Department.
To deliver an efficient and effective function to agreed standards in line with legal, statutory and other regulations, guidelines and best practise.
To support the provision of comprehensive, innovative and value driven Commercial Services products.
Assist the Commercial Services team support the Force in its mission to serve and protect the people of West Midlands.
- To assist in the provision of an efficient Facilities Hard Commercial Services section delivering business support for:
Uniform and Equipment Provision
Design and Print Provision
- To maintain financial administrative systems, files and procedures to ensure effective monitoring of expenditures against budgets.
- To update all inventory issues and receipts on the relevant inventory management system (e.g. Terian, Shuttleworth).
- To assist with forecasting stock requirements.
- To process purchase orders using the Oracle i-procurement system
- To assist with the procedure to check, approve and process requests, resolving queries as necessary
- To liaise with suppliers and progress chase outstanding deliveries to ensure stock availability.
- To prepare stock taking schedules, summaries and reports.
- To ensure compliance of Statutory Obligations relating to Health and Safety, Financial Regulations, Force Policy and Procedure and Standing Orders.
- To process income generated including the production of bespoke printed material.
- To work to productivity, efficiency and performance targets linked with service level agreements.
- To support the continuous improvement of the Commercial Services function against agreed service levels using relevant systems.
- To support the Facilities Hard Department on projects and Policy & Procedure updates, undertaking research activities as required..
- To assist in the operation of the Vehicle Recovery Scheme including the use of ELVIS and liaising with Officers and members of the public as required.
- To uphold the Police Code of Ethics and ensure compliance within Commercial Services
- To carry out any other duties that may from time to time be determined
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a customer facing environment.
- Financial knowledge and awareness.
- Awareness of Health and Safety.
- Ability to support the implementation of change.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and customers at all levels
- To be able to work as part of a team with the minimum of supervision.
- Previous employment experience in a commercial services environment.
- Knowledge of inventory procurement, control and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of business operating and supply procedures
- Ability to support project research and delivery.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with competing demands
- Proven ability and knowledge in computerised inventory management systems.
- Knowledge of West Midlands Police inventory and financial control systems
- Knowledge of Police Computer systems e.g. ELVIS, PNC and Oasis.
: West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
Minimum Salary:16,314 Maximum Salary:19,125 Allowances:NA