Deputy Headteacher - Hill Farm Primary School (part of the Castle Phoenix Trust)
Required for January 2018
We are looking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated leader to play a key role in the future development of our happy and vibrant school in which children are at the centre of all we do.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop as a senior leader and is suited to an experienced deputy Headteacher, or an aspirational leader who has experience of making an impact and raising standards across their school. We will play to your strengths; whilst the role will focus on whole school learning and teaching, the additional strategic responsibilities of this role will be defined on appointment. You will be joining us at an exciting time for Hill Farm as a new Headteacher takes the helm this coming academic year, building upon the wide ranging improvements we have secured over the last three years.
In April 2015, we were judged to be a ‘good’ school by Ofsted and we were recognised as a local winner in the Pupil Premium Awards 2016. We are very proud of our dedicated and caring staff team and our hard-working and well-behaved children. We are committed to ensuring that children of all abilities and backgrounds achieve their very best in everything they do. We are also committed to growing the talent in all our staff, enabling them to become excellent practitioners and leaders of learning.
For this key role, we are looking for a deputy Headteacher who:
• Is keen to progress in their career with the drive, resilience, and ambition to go the extra mile to make sure excellent things happen at Hill Farm.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner who enjoys leading, supporting, challenging and inspiring others, with an enthusiasm for ensuring that every child achieves their full potential;
• Has a proven, proactive approach to leading school improvement and a clear vision of school improvement strategies;
• Has effective interpersonal skills, an ability to strengthen parent and community partnerships and to motivate and influence staff;
• Is committed, through their love of teaching, to providing a curriculum that is skilfully balanced with academic rigour, creativity and challenge in order to meet the needs of all children;
• Is skilled in data management and analysis, with a proven track record of raising attainment and accelerating progress;
• Is an innovative and inspirational leader, strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
Our children are looking for a deputy Headteacher to:
• Be funny and to make them laugh
• Work hard and try their best
• Be a little bit nice and a little bit strict
• Have lots of new ideas to help make our school even better
As a large, three form entry primary school working as part of a multi-academy trust, we can offer:
• The opportunity to take a full and strategic role in the leadership of the school;
• Ongoing professional development towards headship, including access to leadership development as-part of the Castle Phoenix Multi-Academy Trust and Teaching School Alliance;
• Through the working values and key aims of the Trust, opportunities to contribute to leadership and school improvement beyond this setting;
• The opportunity to work as part of a successful leadership team with a proven track record of securing school improvement;
• A non-class based role (with some teaching commitment to support PPA and cover);
• A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team who are united in their drive to achieve the very best outcomes for every child;
• Friendly, happy and well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
• Supportive parents and carers who work as partners with the school for the benefit of their children.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, then come and see us in action and find out more about what this role can offer.
Visits and applications:
Visits to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed. The Headteacher, Mike Wills, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk to book onto one of the following tours:
Thursday 14 September 2017 at 9.30 am
Wednesday 20 September 2017 at 9.30 am
Friday 22 September 2017 at 9.30 am
Application packs are available to download below or www.tes.co.uk alternatively you can email Emma Over, Trust HR Director, HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk Completed forms are returnable to Emma via email on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Application deadline: 12 noon on Thursday 28 September 2017
HILL FARM PRIMARY…EXCELLENCE FOR ALL, EXCELLENCE FROM ALL
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Hill Farm Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.