Architecture Assurance Manager
Are you a dedicated and experienced professional looking for an exciting and rewarding challenge leading and assisting in transformational change?
West Midlands Police (WMP) is the second largest metropolitan force in the UK. We are embarking upon a once in a generation opportunity to shape police services of the future. Working in a unique partnership with Accenture; one of the world’s leading organisations providing management consulting and technology solutions to successfully deliver the transformation.
The Business Transformation department within WMP is pivotal to the successful delivery of the WMP2020 transformational change programme. Senior management roles within the department are required to take a vital role in leading the delivery of WMP2020. You will be responsible for driving forward change working alongside and influencing senior leaders both inside and outside of the organisation.
Successful candidates will champion a culture of innovation and engagement with change, these are exciting times for West Midlands Police and we want someone who is excited by the challenge ahead to join us.
Successful appointment to the post is dependent on the preferred candidate successfully completing a management vetting process.
Specific Role Purpose:
- To line manage the Business Architecture Support Officers and have responsibility for some aspects of the Business Analysts work in a matrix management style arrangement.
- To embed best practice and define standards in relation to business process design and gathering business requirements; quality assure the work of the team and report regularly on performance and compliance.
- To lead on setting up, developing and maintaining a centralized repository for all Business Architecture information and appropriate modelling tools to support the function with design of new elements of the operating model and process optimization / continuous improvement.
- Mange the modelling of changes to demand, requirements and options through the operating model and identify impact on projects and service.
- Act as the SPOC for quality assurance of Business Analysis requirements and ensure that best practice is embedded into the function
- Translate WMP strategic objectives into the operating model and how business analysis can support these objectives
- Lead on building and introducing a modelling capability for the Business Architecture function and ensure a robust methodology is developed for capturing and maintaining information within the modelling tool to support project methodology and transition into business as usual.
- Manage modelling demand through the target operating model to ensure it is still fit for purpose and lead on modelling business analyst outputs/data for smaller projects to ensure they are viable.
- Work with colleagues from HR to ensure any changes within workforce planning are fed into the operating model and the impact on both the business and service is fully understood to allow effective decision making.
- Set standards based on best practice in design methods and processes and manage the use of templates and business analysis tools/ methodology to ensure consistency across the function
- Develop and maintain a central repository and knowledge bank for all Business Architecture documentation and information to ensure that all colleagues within Business Transformation and the wider organization have access to best practice and can continuously approve.
- Provide quality assurance on business requirements specifications ensuring they are effectively documented, base lined and managed to allow the successful procurement or development of complex solutions
- Support the Business Architecture Manager with the reviewing of Business Cases and commissioning pipeline.
- Overall management of the Business Analysts requirement reviews and handovers with other departments for example IT & Digital or Procurement.
- Direct line management of Business Architecture Support Officers providing leadership, direction and tasking.
- Matrix management of the Business Analysts, supporting the Business Architecture Manager in ensuring that effective commissioning of work and prioritization of work for the Business Analysts is achieved along with setting the quality standard for deliverables and providing assurance against these.
- Prioritise the work and monitor the capacity of Business Analysts and Business Architecture Support Officers reporting summary high-level view of in-flight and planned work to the Head of Business Architecture on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with project managers and senior stakeholders within the Force to set standards for business analysis across a portfolio of projects or programmes.
- Work with project managers to develop and agree work packages for Business Analysts and monitor to ensure deliverables meet the requirements of the project.
- Deputise for the Business Architecture Manager if required
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and band/grade
Hours of Work:
- The post holder will be contracted to work 36.5 hours per week but will need to be flexible to meet the demands of the post and may have to work outside normal core hours and travel to different locations across the region, as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Formal Business Analysis qualification and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst / Architect working in a complex organization.
- Experience of operating at strategic, tactical and technical levels, including knowledge and experience of applying business analysis tools and methods
- Experience of using operating model tools to undertake scenario testing and process optimisation
- Excellent understanding of best practice business analysis methodologies and enterprise analysis
- Experience of developing quality assurance systems for business design tools and requirements specifications
- Understanding of continuous improvement / process optimisation methodologies and their application
- Experience of requirements management throughout project lifecycle
- Proven track record of project delivery and understanding of Project Management methodology
- Experience of leading a team
- Understanding of the commissioning process and how this links to the Business Architecture function.
- Understanding of operational policing models
- Continuous improvement qualification / accreditation e.g. Lean, Six Sigma
- Ability to understand and translate the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation
- Ability to design and communicate a set of business analyst standards and service offer
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with senior stakeholders and manage expectations
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff at all levels whilst maintaining the integrity of the organisational vision
- Problem solving and analytical skills with robust attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage with a variety of audiences within and external to WMP
- Experienced and competent in the use of MS Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to own professional development;
- Motivating, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills – both verbal and written
LLOYD HOUSE PO BOX 52, COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
BIRMINGHAM B4 6NQ
: West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
Minimum Salary:£45,435 Maximum Salary:£51,756 Allowances:N/A