Deputy Headteacher- TV33417
The Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with
Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Rough Hay Road, Darlaston WS10 8HN
‘Growing in Faith, Faith in Growing’
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER- TV33417
Required for January 2018
Salary Initially: L9-13
The governors are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic practising Catholic teacher to the post of Deputy Headteacher to help lead the future vision and development of this ‘working towards improving’ school (OFSTED May 2017)
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practicing and committed Catholic role model for all with a clear vision for Catholic education and of the distinctive nature of Catholic schools.
- Work with the Headteacher to take a key role in the Leadership and Management of the school.
- Have a clear focus upon and ability to maintain and raise standards throughout the curriculum.
- Be an exemplary teacher, sharing excellence and expertise in the development of all staff.
- Have proven leadership skills within primary education and experience of leading school improvement.
- Have the ability to challenge, motivate and inspire others.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build teams in school and with external parties.
- Be responsible for the leadership of a subject area across the school.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, welcoming community with a strong Catholic ethos;
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school;
- A committed, dedicated staff and Governing Body;
- A school where we daily try to live our Mission Statement of “Growing in faith, faith in growing”,
Visits to the school are warmly welcome, please contact the school to arrange.
Applicants must apply using a CES application form which can be obtained along with a full application pack from the school. The completed form should be addressed to:
The Chair of Governors, Mr Richard Dalton and returned to the school.
Start Date: January 2018
Closing date: Wednesday 27th September 2017
Shortlisting date: Thursday 28th September 2017
Interviews: Thursday 12th October 2017
To request an application pack, arrange a visit or find out more, please contact the school direct on 0121 568 6496 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to Equal Opportunities.