Chasetown Community School
Class Teacher (1 Temporary Full Time Position)
Salary: £22,692 - £33,492 per annum (depending on experience)
+ 1 or 2 SEN points (depending on experience)
We are seeking an inspiring, professional and motivated class teacher who is dedicated to the ongoing academic, behavioural and personal development of young people with social, emotional and mental health needs. Located near Burntwood in Staffordshire, Chasetown Community School is a 7-13 middle school providing a broad and balanced curriculum for pupils with these needs. The position is initially for the period October 2017 to end of March 2018 but depending on funding may be extended past this date.
We set high standards for our staff and our pupils, valuing partnerships with families, professionals and the school community. Pupil behaviour is excellent (Ofsted, 2013) and we work collectively to foster a happy environment providing a sense of security and wellbeing for all.
Starting in October 2017 you will bring:
- Proven experience of delivering excellent teaching and learning at KS2
- Recent experience of working with young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, with knowledge of SEND and safeguarding legislation
- A dynamic approach to delivering a curriculum which is broad, interesting and inclusive, maintaining all learners at the centre of all activities
- A track record of working to high standards of professionalism and confidentiality
- A positive outlook ready to make a valued contribution to our existing school team and the ability to adapt quickly to change
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and vibrant school with a strong inclusive ethos
- An opportunity to be part of a school that has the ambition and drive to be outstanding
- Support from a committed, highly professional team who set high standards in the pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning
- A school that prides itself on encouraging professional development to ensure your success
Closing date: 5.00pm Thursday 5th October 2017
Shortlisting: Friday 6th October 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a lesson observation, values and beliefs interview and a technical interview on: Monday 16th October
To apply, please go to:
All applicants are expected to visit the school prior to applications closing. We have scheduled Wednesday 4th October at 2.30pm for this visit to take place. You will need to bring photo id with you when visiting the school.
Please contact email Anne Westoby (email@example.com) to book a place or if this is an issue.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.