Facilities Assistant - Mobile Porter/Driver
7 days left
A vacancy has arisen within the Facilities Management Section of the Corporate Asset Management Department.
The department consists of 3 key business areas: Property, Fleet and Facilities Management, that provide a wide range of enabling support services including acquisition, maintenance, servicing and disposal of police buildings and vehicles.
The post of Facilities Assistant is a dual role of a porter and a driver of our fleet vehicles. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the general housekeeping of the estate, including the removal/storage/clearance of furniture, fixtures and fittings from police premises and assisting with relocating officers/staff and their belongings around the estate. General DIY tasking will also be necessary in order the furniture removal /relocation.
Specific Role Purpose:
To assist in the movement of staff and furniture across the Police Estate and the clearance of sites as required between buildings.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- To undertake the redirection, storage or disposal and transportation of furniture and furnishings, equipment and materials, files and other documents across the estate.
- To assist in the clearance of all surplus goods left within a building following the relocation of staff and subsequent closure of a building. This will include the removal or transfer of confidential and media waste to a central designated point.
- To assemble/dismantle furniture and racking, as necessary to undertake the movement/storage of such items.
- To set up rooms/areas in accordance with floor layouts and planned relocations/movement of staff.
- To assist the Team Manager in updating the asset register of stored furniture at the designated holding stores.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the purpose and grading of the post that may from time to time be determined.
Hours of Work:
Flexi Hours 7.00am and 3.00pm
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have a full clean driving license
- Ability to comply with the Force standards of competence, for the vehicles to be driven or operated.
- Able to undertake work that involves significant physical effort e.g. heavy lifting
- Able to travel between police buildings as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative and possess good inter personal skills.
- Previous experience of using lifting equipment is desirable - however full training will be given.
: GB-GB-BIMINGHAM Job : Facilities Organization : West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner