Headteacher, Tiverton School
Owing to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the governors of Tiverton School are looking to recruit an inspiring and highly motivated leader who will lead our school into the next exciting stage of its development, continuing to build upon existing strengths to provide the very best for the pupils and families we serve. Our new Headteacher will be “Passionate about celebrating learning, enjoyment and achievement for all” and will join us in September 2018 in our new purpose-built school.
Tiverton School currently meets the needs of 42 pupils with a range of learning difficulties, mostly those with severe (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Under an ongoing review of SEND in Coventry Tiverton will continue to provide for this area of specialism whilst also meeting the needs of children with a wider range of special needs.
Our school is being rebuilt on the site of the former Alice Stevens School on a campus with Whitley Abbey Primary School and is due to open in January 2018. We are delighted to be working in partnership for some excellent and exciting shared opportunities for our school communities. Tiverton will grow from its current pupil population of 42 to 60 in January 2018 and eventually to 88 pupils.
In line with the Rochford Review, Tiverton staff have been committed to being innovative to ensure a robust and reliable assessment system is in place which reflects our exciting, rich, diverse and dynamic curriculum. During this year a bespoke assessment tool has been devised using SOLAR, which is now in use and complements teaching across the school, the quality of which is a consistently high standard.
We are looking for someone who:
• Can communicate compellingly the school’s vision and drive the strategic leadership, building on current achievements and empowering all pupils and staff to achieve.
• Holds and articulates clear values and moral purpose, focused on providing high quality teaching and learning for all at Tiverton School.
• Will continue to promote and develop the excellent partnerships we have with parents and families to ensure the very best provision for children.
• Is self-motivated, dynamic and has the ability to both challenge and support colleagues.
• Is committed to an holistic approach that encompasses working in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team with a child-centred focus to support learning and well being.
• Has a sound knowledge of financial and resource management, including an understanding of working under budgetary constraint.
We can offer you:
• A school with pupils who enjoy coming to school and reflect high levels of enjoyment in their learning.
• A committed highly skilled, and enthusiastic staff team working towards improving the life chances of children.
• A new purpose built specialist school with a supportive community offering exciting opportunities to “turn a building into a school”.
• A governing body which is highly committed and active within the school community and discharges its duties highly effectively.
If you think you are the exceptional person that will lead our children, staff and governors into the future, we would like to hear from you. We would encourage you to make an informal visit to the school, please contact Lyn McGrath, Finance and Administration Manager to arrange this.
Phone: 02476 594954
Closing date: Monday 30 October 2017
Interview dates: Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 November 2017
Tiverton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and provide unequivocal references.
Information pack for applicants_2.pdf