Classroom Teacher- TV39817
ST JAMES PRIMARY SCHOOL
Required (ideally) for beginning of December 2017
Classroom Teacher- TV39817
MPS1 - UPS3 (Salary: £22,467-£38,250 FTE)
The learners, parents, staff and governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic classroom teacher to cover a maternity leave (currently year 1). This will ideally be from Monday 27th November, but there could be some flexibility for a later start of 1st January for the right candidate. It is anticipated that position will be until Easter 2018.
The position will ideally be full-time but a job share or part-time applications to make up this position would be considered.
We are looking for someone who will:
- be a creative and innovative classroom practitioner who demonstrates high quality teaching and learning
- have the ability to motivate and inspire children and adults alike
- have high expectations of children’s achievements
- have a proven track record in working collaboratively with others to raise standards
- be an experienced practitioner in KS1
- be able to analyse and understand the learning needs of all groups of pupils and ensure that they are enabled to reach their full potential
- have a keen interest and commitment to inclusion
- be able to inspire children by broadening their horizons and champion the wider curriculum beyond English and Maths
We can offer you:
- polite and well behaved children who enjoy school
- an incredibly supportive and loyal team of teachers
- highly supportive leadership including governors
- access to high quality professional development and flexibility in terms of professional development opportunities
- a well-resourced school
Applicants should state their curriculum strengths and interests in a letter of application to be submitted with a completed application form.
We would be delighted to show you round the school and have you visit our year 1 class. Please call the school office to arrange a suitable time.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th October, 2017 (midday)
A completed application form with a letter of application can be sent by post to the school or by e-mail to the address below. Please note that we are not able to accept CVs.
School Address: Great Charles Street, Brownhills, Walsall, West Midlands WS8 6AE
Tel: 01543 452328
Headteacher: Ms Lorna Harvey
NOR: 205 plus 35 in our 2 and 3 year old provision
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Please return completed applications directly to the school.