2 days left
Contract: Term Time Fixed Term to August 2018 Hours per week: 26.25
Start Date: November 2017 Interview Date: W/C 30th October 2017
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 20th October 2017
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
Dordon Primary School is a rapidly growing and thriving school within Community Academies Trust and the Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint an excellent Teaching Assistant to join our team where children will thrive in our caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
Dordon Primary is a wonderful place to work and an inspirational place to be a pupil in. We are very privileged to work with over 200 enthusiastic and positive children whose behaviour is ‘outstanding’ (Ofsted). They are always ‘up for a challenge’ and are immensely proud of their school.
We are proud of our committed staff at all levels. They take great pride in their school and have a strong impact on outcomes for our pupils. Our motivated teachers, who are praised widely for their excellent teaching, are a professional, friendly and innovative team who are supported by our Teaching Assistants. Midday Supervisors, Site Management and Administration teams are also highly regarded and share our determination to drive forward progress together.
Our school enters all manner of competitions from poetry writing, to singing in national choirs, to local sports events, we sometimes even win them! Our dedicated staff contributes to the vast range of the extra –curricular activities we offer children, who attend in large numbers. We are looking forward to welcoming a new Teaching Assistant to join our team. The successful applicant will become part of an effective team driving standards and helping pupils to reach their potential.
This role is offered on a part time fixed term basis, working 26.25 hours per week over five days and we offer;
- Pupils whose ‘outstanding behaviour’ contributes strongly to our school ethos
- Colleagues who are supportive, welcoming and innovative
- Parents who encourage their children to do their best and support us at every opportunity
- Highly regarded professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages in their career
- The opportunity to work within our wider academy team
- A leadership team who will support and encourage you.
The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner who is committed to high standards of achievement and have enthusiasm and flair with;
- Knowledge and understanding of how children develop
- A calm approach and ability to engage and support learning of children
- Good communication skills with class teacher, SENCO and parents as appropriate
- Plan and deliver appropriate intervention programmes, adapting them to the individual needs of the pupils
- Is conscientious, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Set the highest standards for themselves and others
- Have excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
- Demonstrate a positive, resourceful and proactive demeanour in partnership with our teams.
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please complete fully the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form on the Dordon School Website www.dordonprimaryschool.co.uk. Submit the forms by email to Fiona Hinds, School Business Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am on Friday 20th October 2017. This vacancy is also advertised on WM Jobs Website and other recruitment websites.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards in line with Community Academies Trust vision and values.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 07472736
Apply for Teaching Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly