Finance Assistant - Ref: EX05217
The Mercian Trust is a multi academy trust, which is in the final stages of being formed. The trust will initially comprise five secondary schools based in Walsall: Aldridge School, Queen Mary's Grammar School, Queen Mary's High School, Shire Oak Academy and Walsall Studio School. Plans are in place to grow the number of schools in the trust within the next few years.
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance Assistant supporting Queen Mary's High School and Queen Mary's Grammar School. The role will be based approximately 50% at Queen Mary's High School and 50% at Queen Mary's Grammar School.
Reporting to the Finance Principal at Queen Mary’s High School, the role encompasses a number of aspects of school finance and involves dealing with members of the school community, including staff, parents and pupils.
• Minimum 30 hours per week, based on a term time contract (plus two weeks)
• Full time equivalent salary £18,746 to £20,138 per annum, based on experience
• Salary is pro rated for term time and 30 hours to £13,500 to £14,600 per annum
The main responsibilities are:
• Financial transaction management. This involves recording transactions for educational items, such as trips, curriculum materials and music lessons, as well as donations, fund raising events
• Managing receipts and payments for educational items, ensuring charges are clearly identified to parents and are collected promptly
• Managing communications with staff, parents and pupils using the schools’ payments and communications portals
• Dealing with suppliers for above transactions and to organise travel arrangements
• Collating, reviewing and recording staff expenses, following up queries as required
• Assisting the finance team with other finance work to provide accurate and timely financial information in accordance with trust deadlines
Key benefits of this post include:
• The opportunity to work in an exciting sector and within a growing multi academy trust
• A term time based contract, with holiday taken during school holidays
• A competitive salary package, with negotiable hours
• A defined benefit (salary based) Local Government Pension Scheme
• Working closely with a professional and friendly finance team
Applications to be made via application form with covering letter and CV to J.Bridgett (Finance Principal), Queen Mary's High School, Upper Forster Street, Walsall WS4 2AE.
Deadline for Applications: 27th October 2017