LA Clerk to Governors - Leamington & Surrounding Area
Warwickshire Governor Services runs a clerking service for schools in the county and surrounding areas. We are rapidly expanding the services we offer and are looking to recruit additional clerks to support the delivery of a high quality service to governing bodies, contributing to the provision of excellent education to pupils across the county.
10.0 Hours per Week
The main duties are:
- Providing advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional, and procedural matters.
- Providing effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees, including minuting meetings to a high standard.
- Ensuring the governing body is properly constituted.
- Managing information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
- You will need excellent administrative, IT, and communication skills, the ability to work to deadlines and flexibility to work at times convenient to the governing body, typically early evening.
Initial training and continuing professional development is provided.
New clerks will receive support in their first few weeks, and will be expected to attend the first clerks’ induction course, held termly, after appointment. New clerks are also expected to attend the follow-on Effective Clerking course within their first or second term.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a good standard of literacy and numeracy, and ability to produce high quality minutes
- is computer literate, especially with Word, web, and email, and has access to equipment for working from home.
- is an efficient administrator, able to use initiative and able to work under pressure including meeting deadlines
- can research and manage advice from a variety of sources
- can support volunteers and lay people in a professional way
- is able to communicate in person and in writing.
- understands the importance of confidentiality and integrity
- is willing to work in the evenings
- will undertake CPD and an accreditation programme
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
A full UK driving licence & access to car or other form of transport will be essential as the role requires travel to and from meetings.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager: David Merritt
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01926 743059
Closing Date: 29 October 2017
Interview Date: 17 November 2017
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Rewards & Benefits of working for Warwickshire
It really is true that every single job role here at Warwickshire County Council contributes to bettering the lives of the people in our County; we want to do this for our employees, too. We are proud of our strong flexible working culture, including the opportunity for flexibility on working hours, technology to support remote working (such as light laptops and phones where the role allows).
Time to recharge is so important; we provide a generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also have access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a host of enhanced family friendly policies and some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification