We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Clerical Assistant to work alongside our Admin Officer and Business Manager to provide a high quality support service to Endon Hall Primary School. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a busy, customer focused, child centered environment. You should possess excellent customer care skills and have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all our stakeholders using various methods of communication. We place high importance on appointing the right person, as they will be the first point of contact for our school.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting their application. Please contact Miss Lewis (Headteacher) to arrange a visit via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01782 502645.
The interview process will comprise of administration tasks and a formal interview (these may take place on two separate days). Further information about the process will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Hours per week will be 36.25 (term-time).
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake the duties detailed in the attached Job Profile J1573
- Undertake wide ranging admin duties, including answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries
- Provide routine clerical support to staff e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, word-processing
- Undertake routine financial administration
- Receive and sign in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties and liaise with parents/staff when required
- Previous school experience, including operating systems such as ParentPay, Sims.net, etc. would be desirable.
Application packs are available online and further details of the post can be requested by email to email@example.com or by calling the school office on 01782 502645. Your application should consist of an Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and a letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 font (Arial narrow 12) detailing your skills, knowledge, suitability and experience in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 3rd November 2017 (12 noon)
"This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.