Frontline Leadership Development Programme 2018
Our two-year Leadership Development programme offers outstanding graduates and career changers an exciting new route into social work. We prioritise hands-on experience through practice-based learning, and you will benefit from intensive practical and academic training, tailored to your needs, as one of a new generation of children’s social workers.
Following a five-week residential training programme, you will spend two years working in a local authority children’s services department, where you will start your career in social work.
You’ll work directly with children, families, schools, courts and the police, to empower families to achieve positive change. You’ll see a real difference in yourself too, as you develop a whole range of invaluable and transferable skills including leadership, relationship-building and conflict resolution.
The first year qualifies you as a social worker through direct work with children and families. In the second year you will work as a newly qualified social worker responsible for your own caseload, and will complete a fully funded master’s qualification.
Social work is a leadership profession; you will inspire, persuade and bring out the best in diverse groups of people. To help you develop these skills, you will benefit from ongoing leadership development coaching; designed to support you to work with purpose to bring about change in a range of challenging settings.
There’s no career like social work, and no other programme like Frontline. If you join us, you’ll make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and their families.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to take on one of Britain’s most challenging, and rewarding, professions? Apply now.
Salary & Benefits
There’s no career like social work, and no other programme like Frontline.
- Bespoke Graduate Programme; we offer a high-quality leaderships development programme for graduates and career changers that will equip you with the skills and attributes requires to make real change in social work and beyond.
- Earn as you learn; We provide a competitive Year 1 bursary of between £16,000 - 19,000 (depending on location) and you will earn a salary of around £30,000 (depending on location and local authority) in Year 2.
- Benefit from world-class training from academics, and practical training to develop complex skills needed to work effectively with children and families.
- Qualify after 13 months
- Receive high levels of support from your consultant social worker, practice tutor and Frontline Programme team.
- Study towards a fully funded master’s degree in Social Work
- Develop your leadership skills; You will be working with different organisations across the breadth of a child’s life where you will demonstrate real leadership in bringing about change for the good of the family.
- Join the Frontline Fellowship; Once you have completed the full two years of the programme you will be part of a community of outstanding leaders who share your passion for transforming the lives of vulnerable children.
- Make a real difference as part of the next generation of Social workers helping to transform lives.
In order to be eligible for our programme you will need to have all of the following:
- A 2:1 or higher in your first undergraduate honours degree (predicted or obtained)
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Applicants must demonstrate competence in IT as well as spoken and written English
- Eligibility to work in the UK
All necessary documents will need to be seen at our Assessment Centre stage. Please note we are unable to consider any requests for extenuating circumstances.
If English is not your first language you may be required to provide evidence of a relevant qualification or test.