My Options Enablement Worker - Activity and Wellbeing Hub
Scale 1 (£7.90 - £8.19 per hour)
Can you make a positive difference to someone’s life? Do you have good communication and listening skills and feel passionate about supporting other people to live a more independent and fulfilling life?
My Options - Activity Wellbeing and Care Services is part of Telford & Wrekin Council and provides a wide range of person-centred support to vulnerable people of all ages and abilities.
We currently provide a wide range of services including; Community Activity and Wellbeing, services, Residential options, Community support for those people living in their own or shared accommodation. Our services also include a very successful Shared Lives Scheme and The Skills and Enterprise hub, where people can develop their skills and confidence as part of their stepping stone to work.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Enablement Worker to work as part of our Activity and Wellbeing Services . You will play a key role in the delivery of high quality personalised enablement services which are delivered to adults with PMLD, learning difficulties and complex health and care needs. Supporting people to maximise independence, wellbeing and to positively engage in their local communities. .
You will be able to demonstrate a positive track record in all aspects of support and enablement for vulnerable people, promoting independence wellbeing and community engagement. You will have experience in and a commitment to, delivering best quality and efficiency.
You will be able to meet the travel requirements of the post which may require you to work across various sites and locations within the Telford area. You may be required to support customers in their vehicles for which you will require a clean driving license.
• Ability to work with people using services individually or in small groups to achieve
personal objectives which look to maximise independence, wellbeing choice and
• Ability to deliver practical aspects of safe services, including the delivery of individual
or group enablement /support.
• Ability to work safely and competently both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to develop an understanding of professional conduct and a commitment to
work within the guidelines of appropriate regulatory body. E.g. CQC.
• Ability to cope in a crisis.
• Demonstrate good ICT skills.
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills sufficient to contribute to
record keeping systems an processes.
• Experience of providing support to people who may need to access My Options
• Demonstrate aptitude and awareness to support people with learning disabilities
including those with complex needs and/or behaviour that may challenge.
• Must have aptitude and awareness of delivering person centred care and
enablement in a variety of settings in accordance with defined support plans.
For further information in relation to the vacancy please call My Options 01952 381317.
To find out more about the My Options services please take a look at our website: www.myoptionstelford.co.uk