Salary: Scale B SCP 6 – 8 £15,014 to £15,246 FTE pro-rata
Contract: Fixed Term – Part Time 6.25hrs per week - Term Time Only
Start Date: January 2018 Interview Date: Week Commencing 18th December 2017
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 15th December 2017
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
Dordon Primary School is a rapidly growing and thriving school within Community Academies Trust and the Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint two Midday Supervisors to join our team where children will thrive in our caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
Dordon Primary is a wonderful place to work and an inspirational place to be a pupil in. We are very privileged to work with over 200 enthusiastic and positive children whose behaviour is 'outstanding’ (Ofsted). They are always ‘up for a challenge’ and are immensely proud of their school.
We are proud of our committed staff at all levels. We take great pride in our school and have a strong impact on outcomes for our pupils. Our motivated teachers, who are praised widely for their excellent teaching, are a professional, friendly and innovative team who are supported by our Teaching Assistants. Midday Supervisors, Site Management and Administration teams who are all also highly regarded and share our determination to drive forward progress together.
This role is offered on a part time basis, working 1.25 hours per day over five days during term time to supervise our pupils lunchtime period and fixed term to 31st July 2018.
Successful applicants must be able to;
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils during the lunchtime period.
- Work under the general direction of the Senior Supervisor or designated person in charge of pupils.
- Demonstrate a positive, resourceful and proactive demeanour.
- Ensure that the personal and individual care and toileting needs of pupils are met.
- Escort pupils to and from dining areas, ensuring information is exchanged with class staff.
- Ensure pupils are in the dining room/area at the appropriate time.
- Help pupils at the counter, including choice of meal and money (if appropriate).
- Assist with the proper use of cutlery and helping cut food as necessary.
- Feed pupils with severe physical problems, following advice of other professionals.
- Assist pupil when returning used plates, trays, cutlery, beakers, and clearing tables when lunch is completed.
- Develop and support lunchtime activities.
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and submit these forms by email to Fiona Hinds, School Business Manager at Hinds.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by no later than 9am on Friday 15th December 2017. This vacancy is also detailed on the School's website.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards in line with Community Academies Trust vision and values.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 07472736