Family Connect Safeguarding Team Leader
Family Connect Safeguarding Team Leader
£41,025 - £43,821 per annum
37 hours per week
Telford & Wrekin Council – Investing in a Team Leader
We are looking to recruit to an experienced Child and Family Social Work Team Leader for our Safeguarding team within Family Connect (Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub).
The post holder will be required to provide the highest level of Child Protection Leadership that promotes partnership working, motivation and direction to a team of qualified Social Workers to ensure the Service delivers timely and consistent threshold decisions that meet the needs of Children and Young People and their families.
In addition to the salary we offer:
- A comprehensive learning and development package using Signs of Safety practice framework
- High quality systemic supervision
- Supportive and collaborative team working
- A career pathway for excellent progression opportunities
- Free on site car parking
- Salary sacrifice schemes e.g. TUSKER car lease scheme and child care vouchers
- Technology to support mobile working
The Family Connect Service is a fresh approach to safeguarding children. It consists of a multi-agency partnership that offers child-centred co-ordinated activity.
The Family Connect Safeguarding Team Leader is responsible for Leadership, management, supervision, accountability and quality assurance for a group of social work and other staff within a the Family Connect Safeguarding Team which undertakes Child in Need & Child Protection enquiries to ensure that the service to children, young people and their families is of a consistently high standard and meets the needs of Telford & Wrekin’s communities and supports the Council’s visions and priorities.
Positively engaging in, actively promoting and lead the systemic approach to work being done with children, young people and families.
To undertake duties expected of social work managers in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework at advanced level.
This post is office based, non-case holding and operates Monday-Friday 8.45am-5pm
- Social Worker (HCPC registered).
- Post graduate qualification in a related area or evidence which can demonstrate skills, knowledge and ability comparable to this level of educational achievement
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional and personal practise development as set out by the HCPC
Skills and Experience
Significant and substantial post-qualifying experience in child care social work, including experience in child protection investigation process, assessment and care planning, and the implementation of interventions to improve outcomes for vulnerable children, young people and their families, including children subject to a Child Protection Plan, Children in Care, and those subject to care proceedings and managing cases within court.
Making decisions in respect of complex child care issues with families from a range of cultural backgrounds.
Have experience which demonstrates the ability to meet the requirements of the Professional Capabilities Framework at Advanced Level:
Social Work Managers: ‘lead, motivate, nurture and manage a team (social workers and others), ensuring the service provided is effective, and delivering positive outcomes. They do so by managing performance and quality assurance, resources and budgets, in collaboration with others and key stakeholders. They are knowledgeable about managing social workers and others within single or multi-professional teams. They contribute and support the development of practice, procedures and policy and specifically the professional development of the team they lead. They are accountable for the practice of social workers within the team they manage, and provide or ensure effective professional and practice supervision, as well as performance appraisals, takes place. They support mentoring and coaching to enhance the quality of practice. They investigate complaints as needed. They seek to ensure team experience influences and informs the work of the organisation and that of other service providers, supporting and managing change as needed within their area of responsibility’.
- High level oral and written communication skills including the ability to express complex concepts and information and communicate effectively with children, young people, their families, professionals and others.
- High level inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, promote good customer care, influence, challenge, motivate and enable others.
- Critically reflective practitioner able to make well balanced professional decisions, working with children and families using a systemic practice approach and able to demonstrate expert and effective practise in complex situations.
- Analyse ethical dilemmas and decide appropriate ways forward.
- Support others to analyse and reflect on their own practise.
- Able to effectively use service and case data to understand and drive performance
- Plan, organise and prioritise a demanding workload and enable team members to do so, in order to meet deadlines and maintain the delivery of multiple, competing short and long term objectives.
- Manage a team, lead, motivate and developing staff, managing its work and its relationship within and outside the council.
- Able to prepare high quality written work and also able to effectively quality assure relevant documentation prepared by others.
- Accept responsibility and work on own initiative.
- Use information technology effectively, having necessary keyboard skills to use email and update computerised diaries and update and retrieve information from organisational record systems.
For further information regarding job description and person specification, please see attached below.
Please contact Debbie Lloyd on 01952 388571 if you have any queries.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Job Description and Person Specification