part of the Archive and Archaeology Service
Join our innovative and friendly team
Worcestershire Archaeology https://www.explorethepast.co.uk is looking for an Archaeologist ( £18,070 to £20,138) to join our field team, operating on a wide range of projects across the West Midlands and beyond. With a proven track record of delivering high quality fieldwork over 35 years, we are seeking a new team member to help us meet the growing demand for our services.
We offer a great opportunity for people to develop their careers in an innovative and friendly environment. Nearly all of our current field team have benefitted from our award winning NVQ trainee scheme or from internal promotion. We are based at The Hive, in the centre of Worcester www.thehiveworcester.org, a unique resource combining library, archive and archaeological services under one roof.
- Fully paid travel time to all sites (for all staff not just the driver).
- Local Government contributory pension scheme (probably the best there is).
- 37 hours per week (plus regular opportunities for overtime).
- 33 days holiday per year (including statutory holidays), rising to 38 after 5 years.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence for away work.
- Paid CIfA membership for field staff and supported attendance at conferences.
- A review and development scheme for all the team which has underpinned our proven track record of training, retaining and promoting our staff.
- A range of measures to promote a good work/life balance (Worcester's a great place to live and only about 5% of our projects being away jobs you'll get plenty of time to enjoy making your home here).
- Wages that meet or exceed CIfA minima.
Our archaeologists are involved in the excavation, survey and recording of a wide range of archaeological sites, across the region and beyond. We also seek to involve all of our staff in a range of other tasks (including post-excavation) and you will get a chance to develop your career and build a platform for promotion. Four out of five of our Project Officers started with us as Archaeologists.
The posts are offered for a period of six months. Subject to continued market performance, it is intended the posts will be extended. Should you be looking for a casual/zero hours contract, the post is also offered on this basis.
Proposed interview date 2nd February 2018