part of the Archive and Archaeology Service
Join our innovative and friendly team
Worcestershire Archaeology https://www.explorethepast.co.uk is looking for two Trainee Archaeologists (£16,491) to join our field team, operating on a wide range of projects across the West Midlands and beyond. With a proven track record of delivering high quality fieldwork over 35 years, we are seeking new team members to help us meet the growing demand we continue to enjoy for our services.
We offer a great opportunity for people to develop their careers in an innovative and friendly environment. Nearly all of our current field team have benefitted from our award winning NVQ trainee scheme or from internal promotion. We are based at The Hive, in the centre of Worcester (www.thehiveworcester.org), a unique resource combining library, archive and archaeological services under one roof.
- Fully paid travel time to all sites (for all staff not just the driver).
- Local Government contributory pension scheme (probably the best there is).
- 37 hours per week (plus regular opportunities for overtime).
- 33 days holiday per year (including statutory holidays), rising to 38 after 5 years.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence for away work.
- Paid CIfA membership for field staff and supported attendance at conferences.
- A CIfA accredited, award winning, training programme for entry level staff.
- A review and development scheme for all the team which has underpinned our proven track record of training, retaining and promoting our staff.
- A range of measures to promote a good work/life balance (Worcester's a great place to live and only about 5% of our projects being away jobs you'll get plenty of time to enjoy making your home here).
- Wages that meet or exceed CIfA minima.
Are you looking to develop a career in field archaeology? We offer a fully paid Training Programme for Field Archaeologists which includes completing an NVQ (Level 3) in Archaeological Practice. Providing a broader training platform than many other schemes (it isn't all about fieldwork), this 9 month programme has been highly commended by the Archaeology Training Forum and is fully accredited by CIfA. When completed you are automatically qualified for PCIfA status opening the way to a career in archaeology. All of our staff who have followed this programme have qualified in this way and remain working as part of our team, with one already promoted to supervisor.
The posts are offered for a period of 9 months.
Proposed interview date - 2nd February 2018