35 hours a week. Fixed term for 12 months
We are looking for a creative story teller to join the communications team at Worcestershire County Council.
If you are comfortable creating content for social media, experienced at writing releases and skilled in multi-media communications you are just the person we are looking for.
You will be based at County Hall in Worcester. You will be part of the team that tells the story of the county council and the wide range of services that we deliver.
You will work with local and national journalists,write press releases, craft creative social media posts and generate original ideas.
The main roles of a Communications Coordinator include:
• Creating communication materials, including press releases
• Developing effective relationships with the media and trade press
• Originating creative ideas
• Researching and investigating facts, and coordinating the Council’s response to questions
• Supporting the successful delivery of events
• Contributing to a working environment where ideas and innovations are encouraged.
If you think you’re up to the job, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to Laura Blyth on firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed interview date - 25th January 2018