Lead Accountant (2 Posts) - Ref: CG09817
Do you have a passion and interest in a career providing financial support to a range of valued public services? If so then we have an opportunity to join the well respected finance team at Walsall Council. Walsall is an exciting place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy interacting with others, has strong knowledge and experience of finance and the ability to communicate and present effectively to non-financial staff / customers at all levels as part of a finance business partnering ethos.
As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 33 days, in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year,
- a career average pension scheme,
- an excellent training scheme to support employees to obtain a professional accountancy qualification and where appropriate to support continuing professional development,
- recent redevelopment of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows for agile working.
We are now seeking to recruit to a number of posts within our accountancy structure supporting services within the Adult Social Care Directorate and Children Services Directorate. These roles are essential in continuing to support service transformation and improvement that will ensure we are in a position to enable the town to continue to thrive in these challenging financial times, as well as offering a wide range of experiences and opportunities for professional and personal development.
The posts require a thorough understanding of providing accountancy services within a large complex organisation, however in recognition of the knowledge that experience in other sectors can bring, whist an understanding of local government practice would be an advantage we would stress that it is not essential.
For this online vacancy we are looking to recruit to the following roles;
1 x Lead Accountant – Supporting the Children’s Services Directorate and/or the Adult Social Care Directorate and leading a team of finance officers – Grade 12 - £42,474 to £47,527.
1 x Lead Accountant - Supporting the Councils overall Transformation Programme with particular emphasis on demand led services/work streams within the Children’s Services Directorate and Adult Social Care Directorate, leading a team of finance officers - Grade 12 - £42,474 to £47,527.
Closing date for applications: 28 January 2018
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: email@example.com
- Important note: as you progress through the online application form you will be asked to upload a supporting statement. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CV. You should upload a statement detailing how your aptitudes meet the specific criteria included in the employee specification. CV's will not be accepted.
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Employee Specification