Solo Placement Foster Carer
Make a Difference, Foster for Warwickshire.
Could you use the skills gained in a previous career working with young people to become a solo placement foster carer?
The Solo Placement Scheme provides placements for young people who have been in residential care but are now ready to move on and return to live within a family setting. There are also some young people who we want to prevent going into residential care. They need to be the only young person in placement and therefore a higher fee is paid to recognise this.
Have you got experience of working with young people e.g. as a youth worker, teacher, social worker, care worker or a previous or current foster carer? If so this role may interest you.
As a foster carer for Warwickshire you would receive the following support:
- support from a dedicated fostering social worker, social care worker and psychologist
- access to monthly support groups
- a bespoke training package
- access to 24 hour support
Additional Information & How to Apply
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/solofostering or see the information pack below.
This information is the start; if you are still interested and would like to talk to a Social Worker please contact the Fostering Recruitment Team by:
- Telephone 0800 4081556
- Text CHILD to 62266
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or follow the link to the enquiry form on our web page at warwickshire.gov.uk/fostering
The Duty Social Workers will answer any questions you have and explain the process if you wish to progress to the preparation stage.
If this scheme is not for you, please look at WCC web pages for further fostering opportunities.
- You can also follow our Facebook page
- Come and see us at one of our information events
- Hear from our existing foster carers about their experiences
Information Pack - Solo Placement Foster Carer