Social Workers: Community Assessment Recovery Service
If you are a highly motivated qualified Mental Health Social Worker or have valued experience working as a Social Worker in mental health settings you could be part of a forward thinking service delivery model that welcomes innovative thinkers and values its employees and people with lived experiences who are accessing its services
Level 2: £23,398 – 26,822 (SCP 26 – 30)
Level 3: £27,668 – 31,601 (SCP 31 – 36), (increased Banding £31,601 - £33,437 (SCP 36 – 38) with Approved Mental Health Professional status)
The service operates 9am – 5 pm Monday – Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
Vacancies exist in both the
North Team, New Brook, Prince of Wales Community Hospital, Bromsgrove
South Team, Studdert Kennedy House, Spring Gardens, Worcester
The Community Assessment Recovery Service (CARS) is a future focused, person centred organisation that delivers a variety of quality based therapeutic interventions and experienced based care to the people of Worcestershire. A personalised recovery approach is adopted and in keeping with best practices co production of care is expected. The Service is currently working towards accreditation from the Royal College of Psychiatry to standardize care delivery across the county.
Holding a varied and fast paced work load, you will work with partner agencies within an integrated health and health and social care environment to provide collaborative interventions and care packages which promote and enable recovery for people with severe and / or enduring mental health challenges.
Duties will include undertaking mental health needs assessments, providing support to other professionals and those in a caring role, and will include the supervision of junior staff including students.
Although based in Bromsgrove or Worcester, as this is a community based position you will be expected to work flexibly to cover according to the service delivery needs across the north or south of the county.
You will need to demonstrate that you:-
- have the ability to problem solve and support those with lived experience of mental health during times of crisis.
- can work autonomously and manage your own time effectively to meet the needs of your caseload and team.
There is an expectation, that all Social Workers employed within he CARS service have already attained Approved Mental Health Professional status (AMHP), or are prepared to work towards this as part of their terms of employment.
In return we offer:
- The technology to work flexibly
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities. A training programme is being developed specifically for CARS
- Regular supervision/group supervision/learning forum with a team psychologist
- The opportunity to become part of a supportive and valued team of multi professionals.
- A commitment to ensure that your wellbeing is maintained.
- The opportunity to work in a county steeped with history and is truly a beautiful place to live and work.
So what next?
If you would like to discuss these opportunities in more detail or just simply want to understand more about CARS, please contact:
- Paul Rushworth Advanced Social Work Professional (01527) 488440
- Jon Burton Advanced Social Work Professional (01905) 734559
How do I apply?:
Applications can be submitted online or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing your skills, abilities, experience and achievements to date that make you a suitable candidate for the post.(2 sides A4 max) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In applying, if you are interested in a particular area then please indicate this. Alternatively if you have not particular preference, and would like to be considered for either area then again, please just indicate this in applying.