Class Teacher and Leader in Raising Standards - Literacy
Leader for Raising Standards in Literacy
Permanent TMS +TLR 2a [£2,667]
September 2018 or earlier if possible.
We are looking for a strong Key Stage 2 Teacher to come and work with us on our journey of school improvement. Ideally, you will have at least three years successful teaching experience in Upper Key Stage 2 and have a track record of accelerating progress of a number of classes.
You may be experienced in Literacy Coordination or you may be new to role and just ready for your next challenge. Either way, we’d love to hear from you.
Next year, Key Stage 2 classes at Nursery Hill will be around 20 children. They are the most fantastic, hardworking children and deserve the best teaching around. You will have regular release time away from your class in order to develop standards across the school. There may also be the chance to teach Literacy to more than one class in the morning, with someone else teaching your own class Numeracy. We would like to help you achieve your full potential whilst you help our children to achieve theirs.
If you are interested, we would love to show you around and answer any questions you may have. Please call the school office to make an appointment.
We are on top of the hill and reaching for the stars.
Do you have what it takes to help us get there?
The Class Teacher will:
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
- Support initiatives decided by the Head Teacher and staff;
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
- Take part in and contribute to meetings that relate to teaching/curriculum; cooperate with and, where appropriate, advise the head teacher and other colleagues in the review, development and management (*) of a subject in the [school/key stage];
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
- Plan for, organise and direct the work of support staff within the classroom;
- Participate in the performance management* system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers;
Additional Information & How to Apply
Nursery Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you are interested, we would love to show you around and answer any questions you may have. Please call the school office on 02476392318 to make an appointment.
Closing Date: Wednesday 7th March 2018 at noon
Interview Date: Thursday 22nd March 2018
We would like to observe all shortlisted candidates teaching their own classes prior to interview.
Class Teacher Job Description
Leader for Raising Standards Job Description