Business Services Manager
Community Academies Trust, Tamworth
Business Services Manager
Scale O (£38,237 to £40,056)
An exciting opportunity to join the central team of a well respected multi-academy trust, supporting community schools
We are seeking someone to manage a small team providing business management support to schools in our trust. In particular the team support school and trust budget management, project manage schools joining the trust and steer trust procurement.
Community Academies Trust is a growing trust, currently operating in 3 hubs in North Warwickshire & Tamworth, Warwick & Stratford-upon Avon and in Telford. The central team is located in Tamworth and this is the normal place of work for most of our centrally employed staff. However, the ability to travel between hubs is required for this post. We are working across three local authority areas in the Midlands, currently have 14 academies in our Trust, employ over 1,200 staff and are responsible for educating about 7,000 young people.
Our trust is a values driven organisation, believing fundamentally in the talent of young people and is driven to ensure local communities have exceptional schools. Directors have set strategic objectives for the trust. These ensure that the schools in our trust are:
- Focused on achieving outstanding academic, personal and social outcomes for the children
- Committed to the moral imperative of community school improvement and shared system leadership.
- Mutually supportive, not in competition with each and are fiercely loyal to each other
- Equal partners with all other schools irrespective of their phase, size or successes.
- Multi academy trust minded – our schools celebrate the success of others as well as themselves and share accountabilities
- Financially disciplined and committed to fulfilling their delegated responsibilities to the best of their abilities under a robust governance arrangement
You may come from an accounting, procurement or school business management background and should be able to demonstrate that you have:
- A good understanding of budgeting and an eye for detail in developing realistic budgets and reviewing progress against these budgets
- An understanding of public sector terms of employment
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in teams and lead through change
- Significant empathy for staff in our academies and joining schools who are experiencing significant professional change
- Good communication skills, professional and confidential.
If this role is of interest to you and you can contribute to our future success an application pack is available on our website. Should you require any other details please contact Claire Cotton, Assistant to the Directors, on 01827 702216.
For more information visit: www.communityacademiestrust.org
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 25 February 2018
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 8 March 2018
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 07472736
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”