CATE Practitioner (CSE)
£25,951 - £27,668 per annum
37 hours per week
12 Month Fixed Contract or Secondment Opportunity
Who are ‘CATE’ and what do they do?
- A small team within Telford & Wrekin Council, Children’s Safeguarding and Early Help Services.
- Committed to identifying and working with young people who are at risk of child sexual exploitation.
- We build positive and trusting relationships to increase awareness and reduce the risk of CSE.
- Working in partnership with all relevant agencies including; Police, Social Workers, Education, Health Services, Social Care and Voluntary sector.
- Offer one to one support delivering the CSE intervention pack.
- Supporting young people to access other services/agencies as appropriate.
If you have excellent engagement, communication and assessment skills and a commitment to tackling child sexual exploitation this maybe the role for you. See job description and person spec for full details of the skills and qualities needed to work in this specialist practice team.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the Job Description & person Specification.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Please contact Debra Thomas on 01952 380 685 if you have any queries.
Job Description and Person Specification