Human Resources Business Partner
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation, led by Professor Michelle Lowe, Chief Executive Officer. ECMAT is an organisation that encourages all staff to be the best they can through continuous networking and professional development opportunities through the various family wide events and links to the parent organisation - The University of Wolverhampton.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified HR professional to join the team at Education Central Multi Academy Trust to support the Human Resources team in the next phase of its development. A HR Business Partner is now sought to support the ECMAT HR Director and Senior Leadership Team in the expansion of the organisation and the day to day running of the HR function.
ECMAT is a medium sized Multi Academy Trust is sponsored by the University of Wolverhampton with its central team based at Walsall Campus.
Reporting to the HR Director, your operational and strategic knowledge and experience of case management in a school/MAT setting will be essential in this multi-site role. Your base will be in Walsall although there will be a requirement to travel across the local region, typically within 25 miles from the office base and on occasion national travel is required to meet the needs of the role.
You will bring experience of excellent Employee Relations management; Change Management including TUPE, with a proven track record of solution focussed case management. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious, influential and a solution focused HR Generalist who will be an excellent team player.
You should be able to work at pace, autonomously and be able to build good working relationships quickly with key stakeholders. You will provide day to day advice on a broad range of HR issues to academies, Trust Officer and governors within the Trust. Experience of HR in schools/MAT education or public sector is essential.
• To deputise for the HR Director, internally and externally as necessary.
• To provide support to the HR Director in leading the ECMAT HR Service in line with the needs of Trust Board, Chief Executive Officer and individual academy requirements across the MAT.
• To undertake the duties and responsibilities as MAT Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• To lead on the development and implementation of specific HR policies, systems, projects and procedures that are based on legal requirements and best practice.
• To establish and maintain credibility in leading the HR activity of transfers from Schools to Academies in line with the Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (TUPE 2014 Regulations).
• Act as a partner to Headteachers and Governors in supporting them to embed their people management related responsibilities, in a way which ensures the values and behaviours of the organisation are maintained.
If you are reliable, committed and share our desire to contribute to the Trust’s HR and school improvement agenda, we would like to hear from you.
We offer continuing professional development and the opportunity to contribute to the growing ECMAT family of Academies across the West Midlands.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
For an informal discussion, please contact Shila Malhotra, HR Director on 01902 51 8405.
To apply online, please click on the orange 'apply' button. For an application in an alternative format, please contact ECMAT HR on 01902 51 8436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit the ECMAT website at www.ecmat.co.uk.
Please note, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date depending on the number of applications received.
ECMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.