Are you a social worker who is enthusiastic and passionate about changing the lives of vulnerable children, young people, their families and carers?
We asked our Children in Care and said they would really value a “friendly and heartful Social Worker who makes time for them and listens to what they have to say. A Social Worker who is honest, reliable, open-minded and able to show empathy”.
As a social worker in Solihull you will benefit from manageable caseloads, an inclusive and supportive team culture and great scope for professional development. In your first month, we will agree a personal development plan with you, which will include access to our high quality internal training programme and our Continuous Professional Development framework. Our practice framework is Signs of Safety and we will provide you with training and support regarding the framework, as required.
You will need:
- A professional Social Work qualification
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working with children, young people and families
- Sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people and families.
In return, you will be part of a team where you will be really valued and you will have the opportunity to shape and improve the services we deliver to our diverse community.
We also offer:
- A clear career structure
- A competitive pay scheme which will recognise your experience
- Guaranteed monthly supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi leave of up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements such as home working
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including Childcare Vouchers and a staff discount card
At Solihull, we have close partnerships across agencies in the borough. We are a small and friendly local authority with good relationships across the children’s social work service.
We have a range of specialist teams and we will help you to develop your expertise with the opportunity to move between teams in line with your career aspirations.
For further details about working in Children's Social Work Services at Solihull Council see our microsite: http://socialsolihull.org.uk/childsocialwork/
Currently we do not have any Social Worker vacancies in Childrens Services. However, whether you are a newly qualified or experienced Social Worker, if you would like to be notified of future Social Work vacancies in Children's Services at Solihull Council, please visit Stay Connected and enter your email address to subscribe, adding "Children's Social Work in Solihull" to your subscription topics:
This post will require an enhanced DBS check for working with children and depending on the team, possibly also adults.
Social Workers at Solihull Council are covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.