Energy and Active Travel Officer
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £ 20,138 - £23,398 per annum
Location: Plough Lane, Hereford
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with a passion for the environment?
Herefordshire Council is looking for a motivated Energy and Active Travel Officer who has excellent communication and project management skills. This is an exciting opportunity to join the council’s Energy and Active Travel Team which has responsibility for energy, carbon reduction, environmental management and active travel.
With an initial focus on our active travel programme ‘Destination Hereford’ you will play a key role in increasing walking and cycling levels in the City.
The main activities of the successful applicant include:
• Proposing and delivering a range of energy and active travel projects
• Influencing travel behaviors and leading numerous walking and cycling initiatives
• Supporting the uptake of community bicycle ambassadors
• Identifying and building invest to save business cases for innovative energy efficiency measures to help deliver the council’s ambitious carbon management plan
• Applying for grant funding from a variety of sources including central government and Europe
• Have oversight and understanding of relevant project budgets
• Plan and undertake promotional events
• Prepare and present information and publicity material for a wide range of audiences including internal staff and the public
Please can you outline how you meet the criteria in the person specification in your covering letter.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
For further information, please contact, Richard Vaughan on 01432 260192 or on email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application; please contact Hoople Resourcing at firstname.lastname@example.org