Regeneration Officers (Development) - Ref: EE11817
Introduction from Simon Neilson, Executive Director, Economy & Environment
Walsall Council’s Corporate Plan recognises ‘Inclusive Economic Growth’ as one of its core priorities. Indeed, the economy matters across all outcomes for the Council and its partners. Together with this commitment, we have the drive and ambition to make the most of all local, regional and national opportunities and ensure delivery. We enjoy fantastic working relationships with our Black Country LEP partners and the newly formed West Midlands Combined Authority and have a reputation as a place that gets things done.
The Regeneration and Development Service has recently embarked on redesigning our structure and this will create new and exciting opportunities. We are currently looking at appointing up to 3 Regeneration Officers into our Place Team, if that sounds like a role for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Regeneration Officers - Development Ref: EE11817
G9 £31,228 - £36,019 per annum
We have a great opportunity for experienced Regeneration Officers to help us deliver Walsall Council’s Physical Regeneration Programmes and support the delivery of strategies, partnerships, programmes and projects as a means of attracting inward investment and securing development to support Walsall’s economic growth.
We want to hear from people passionate about the role that redevelopment and regeneration can play in positively changing places and we want to maximise the benefits of investment and growth and create positive impacts for our communities.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong physical regeneration background to join our enthusiastic and dynamic department. Your proven skills and experience in assessing development potential, working with partners to promote opportunities, source and secure funding and help facilitate on site delivery will all be key part of this role.
You will also need:
- Experience of working in an economic development/regeneration environment such as local authority, regional development agency or private sector
- Strong project management techniques and experience for effective project delivery
- Experience of managing grant expenditure and budgetary control
- Experience of producing reports and action plans and presenting these at both formal and informal meetings
For this exciting role you will need both a Degree and Post Graduate Qualification in Town Planning, or equivalent experience, and membership of the appropriate Chartered Institute e.g. chartered member of RTPI.
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English
For information or an informal discussion please contact Joanne Nugent, Place Development Manager 01922 654752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Joel Maybury, Team Leader, Borough Wide Development 01922 654748 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 25th March 2018 (previous applicants need not apply)
Interviews will be held Thursday 5th and Friday 6th April 2018
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important note: as you progress through the online application form you will be asked to upload a supporting statement. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CV. You should upload a statement detailing how your aptitudes meet the specific criteria included in the employee specification. CV’s will not be accepted
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Employee Specification