Children's Social Worker (Experienced and Newly Qualified Applicants Welcome) - Ref: CH08417
2 days left
Children’s Social Workers (Experienced and Newly Qualified Applicants Welcome) - Ref: CH08417
£28,203 - £36,019 per annum
Walsall Children: Safe, Happy, Learning Well...
It’s a very exciting time to join Walsall Council.
Visit our microsite to find out about how our recently launched social work academy will support your maximum potential as well as;
- How our commitment to reducing caseloads across the service will facilitate a return to real social work
- Where effective relationships are at the key driver for positive change with children, young people and their families
- Where restorative practice is the foundation for our social work approach across the service
- How supervisory ratios for managers are reducing in order that they can provide you with regular, reflective supervision and support
To excel, you’ll need a social work qualification and registration with HCPC (or be due to qualify within the next 6-months). For this vacancy we are inviting applications from experienced and newly qualified candidates.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers.
Closing date: 25 March 2018
Assessments & Interviews: w/c 2 & 9 April 2018
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: email@example.com
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Employee Specification