Pastoral Support Worker
Oak Wood Schools: Part time (21 hours per week, term time only)
TA3 status with an opportunity to work towards HTLA level
SCP scale H point 25 – SCP scale I point 31 = £11,011-£13,450
This is exciting opportunity for a competent and caring professional who is passionate about working with young people with special educational needs and learning difficulties. Oak Wood Primary and Oak Wood Secondary Schools belong to a growing Multi Academy Trust in the Nuneaton and Bedworth area of Warwickshire. Our academy values are Harmony, Nurture and Communication. We believe that working in partnership with parents, carers, families and other stakeholders is essential to the growth, learning and development of young people within our community.
• Knowledgeable and positive about working with young people with learning difficulties and their families
• A team player who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• A good communicator
• Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students and their families
• Committed to supporting families to overcome a range of barriers
• An organised and reflective practitioner
• Able to implement positive and proactive strategies for parents to enable positive and long lasting changes in their lives
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Up for a challenge?
If so, then we can offer you:
• A nurturing group of staff who are committed to achieving high standards for our students and their families.
• A strong ethos and collaborative working environment
• Opportunity for quality professional development
• A holistic consultative approach to each young person
21.0 Hours per Week
The role will require respectfulness, patience, good interpersonal skills,enthusiasm and relevant qualifications and experience for full details please see the attached job description and person specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Oak Wood Schools are committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all pupils, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates.
Please note: the role will be subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, to arrange a visit or obtain further information about the role please contact Julie Walters on 024 76740901.
Closing date: Friday 16th March 2018 by 12 noon
Applications can be made using the attached application form, which should be returned via email to JWalters@oakwoodschools.co.ukSupporting documents