Teaching Assistant (West Hill Primary School)
Salary pro rata to 16.25 hours per week term time only
Part-Time Teaching Assistant required for September 2018 for a Temporary contract with a view to a permanent post.
The Governors of West Hill Primary School are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team in September 2018. We are a very hardworking and committed team of professionals who work together to provide a welcoming, safe and “good” school. We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team and help move the school forward in its continuing development and to sustain high standards.
You will be expected:
- to support the teacher in the planning and delivery of learning activities
- to help with the maintenance of classroom records
- to support the teacher in the evaluation of the learning activities
- to support and maintain positive links between home and school
- to help with the care and support of pupils, including those with special needs, individually and in groups
- to assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- to be willing to lead or assist in the running of after school activities
- to act as Cover Supervisor during teacher absence under the direction of a teacher/designated member of staff
- to be willing to complete a First Aid course and to assist in the administering of First Aid
- to promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- to encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with children across a range of ages.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of a range of strategies that will ensure the progress of the children.
- Relevant qualification (NVQ 3 or demonstrate equivalent knowledge skills and experience. Willingness to work towards NVQ 3 or recognised equivalent).
- Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
West Hill Primary School
High Mount Street
Tel: 01543 227125
Head Teacher: Miss Kelly Bracebridge
If you require an application pack, please download the attached information.
"This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk.
Asylum and Immigration To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/