Teaching Assistant Additional Needs L2
About The Role:
Scientia Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 3 -11 years old. Our recent Ofsted Inspection rated us Good with Outstanding features. We have a strong, passionate and committed leadership team whose vision is shared with the rest of the staff.
We are looking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to support high quality teaching and learning with both behavioural and learning support to pupils with Special Educational Needs. You will be required to work alongside individual children and groups in class and also take the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific interventions as required. You will also support children with Special Needs on a 1:1 basis.
The successful candidate should:
- possess a NVQ or BTEC Level 2 in Teaching and Learning
- have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with young children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives.
- have a range of strategies to support learners of all abilities, and provide excellent support for individual pupils
- be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
In Return we can offer:
- well behaved pupils who are committed to learning
- a commitment to supporting continuous professional development
- opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools
- an excellent leadership team to support and guide you
- exceptional facilities in a modern and safe learning environment
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Monday 16th April 2018 - 12 noon.
Interview Date: tbc
Please return your completed application form to Marion Chimenes, School Business Manager, Scientia Academy, Mona Road, Burton on Trent, DE13 0UF or email to email@example.com Tel: 01283 248 113
Scientia Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.