Additional Educational Needs Teaching Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisor
C1247 Additional Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
L1717 Lunchtime Supervisor Additional Needs
Appointment of an Additional Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / Lunchtime Supervisor
additional needs for EYFS / Year 1 class team to support the needs of a year 1 boy who has AEN. The post is temporary for a term. Due to circumstances, this appointment is likely to continue from term to term become permanent in appropriate timescales.
9am - 3.30pm each day with a break which includes 25 hours as an AEN TA and 7.5 hours a week will be as a Lunchtime Supervisor Additional Needs
Additional Educational Needs Teaching Assistant Level 2 Grade 4 (£16,491 - £17,419, scp 13-16) Lunchtime Supervisor Additional Needs Level 1 Grade 2, (£15,115 - £15,613 scp 7-10)
Monday 19th March 2018 9.00am.
Monday 19th March 2018
Wednesday 21st March am.
We would hold immediate discussions about the children’s needs and an induction and we would plan an appropriate start date, as soon as possible, for the successful candidate.
The Governors of The Forest Federation of All Saints Church of England (C), Rangemore and Needwood Church of England (VA) Primary School, Newborough are seeking to appoint member of staff as an Additional Needs Teaching Assistant / Lunchtime Supervisor additional needs based at Needwood for the support a lovely, happy boy with a positive outlook.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with an understanding of (in key areas training will be provided):
- He has Cerebral palsy which affects both of his legs to the extent that he can only bear weight on them with support for a limited period of time. He is therefore dependant on a wheelchair or crawling for mobility,
- He has Incontinence
- He has behavioural issues which require a very considered approach to ensure he can make the most of his potential. He is very affectionate and sensitive boy who loves to read and do number based activities. Key requirements of a support worker would include
He will therefore need:
- Academic learning support
- Physical assistance to transition from wheelchair to chair / floor and accessing all areas of the school
- Toileting (nappy change)
- Managing unpredictable and sometimes challenging behaviour and emotional support and willingness to develop alternative approaches and activities to complement his behavioural needs – Anxiety, frustration, impatience and reluctance to participate in group activity.
- Maximise opportunities to include physiotherapies as recommended by the physiotherapy service within school activities e.g. use of walking frame leg stretching etc.
Please contact the school if you would like to make an appointment if would like to talk about the position and come and see us in action.
Needwood Church of England (VA) Primary School
Yoxall Road, Newborough, Burton on Trent, DE138SU
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.