Nursery Assistant – The Patch Day Nursery
Shift Basis: flexible between hours of 8:00 am and 5:30pm
The governors of Old Park Primary are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Nursery Assistant at the Patch Day Nursery who has the vision, skills and ability to care and provide excellent experiences for young children.
Old Park Primary school and The Patch Day Nursery were judged as Outstanding (Ofsted May 13 and July 2014). The post will be based in the day nursery and out of school club working with children from 6 months to 11 Years.
The successful applicant will:
- Be required to have at least 2 years’ experience of working with young children in a good or outstanding setting.
- Hold a level 2 or above recognised qualification in child care and education.
- Have the ability to support the nursery management in providing high quality and effective day to day care and education for children by providing a caring and stimulating environment full of opportunities and experiences for the children and families to learn from and explore.
- Be able to work as part of a team of qualified and experienced Nursery practitioners and assistants.
- Be required to be a key person to a group of children and families and have the ability and confidence to work alongside parents, carers and other professional’s e.g. health visitors and inclusion support.
- Have the ability to carry out observations and assessments on young children and make accurate judgements on each child’s development and measure progress.
- This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Old Park Primary School and The Patch Day Nursery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
For further information and application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 526 2669 press 1. We encourage potential applicants to visit the nursery before applying for the position please call and speak to Emma or Kam to make an appointment.
Closing date and Shortlisting: Monday 19th March 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th March 2018.
37 Hours, Fixed Term, until 31st July 2019
Band A, SCP 6-8
The Patch Day Nursery, Old Park Road, Wednesbury, WS10 9LX
Monday 19th March 2018