Level 2 Teaching Assistant
St Mary's is a warm and friendly school located in Brierley Hill. The school is part of St. Nicholas Owen Catholic Multi Academy Company which consists of one secondary and five primary Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
'Providing a Christ centred setting whereby all can live out the messages of Jesus with love, understanding and care.'
'St Mary's is an outstanding Catholic Primary School' (RE Ofsted Section 48 Nov 2011).
'St. Mary's Catholic Primary School is a good school....pupil's spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding'. (Ofsted Oct 2011).
Temporary Level 2 Teaching Assistant
25 hours per week term time only
Grade 3 sp 10 to 13
The Academy Committee of St. Mary’s are looking to appoint a temporary Level 2 Teaching Assistant with an ambitious and passionate approach to learning to join our warm, friendly and hardworking team and contribute towards delivering an outstanding education. The post is to support a child in KS2 with an Education Health Care Plan.
We can offer:
- A highly professional and supportive team.
- Positive happy children who enjoy learning.
- A successful school which is part of a Multi-Academy Company.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a Level 2 NVQ qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent.
- Holds Maths and English qualifications GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Has had training to deliver intervention programmes.
- Has excellent knowledge of the teaching of Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- Is a team player who is committed to their own professional development and to that of their colleagues.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st March.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 23rd March
Interview date to be arranged.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available at www.catholiceducation.org.uk under application forms.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/