Fleet Transport Services
£15,807 - £16,491 per annum
37 Hours per week
Applicants must hold a PCV licence and current CPC qualification for passenger carrying vehicles.
To drive and be responsible for an allocated vehicle and its passengers, which will be used for the transport of designated passengers, (including children with special educational needs), Social Care clients, and members of the general public
To drive and be responsible for the operation of buses carrying fare paying passengers to destinations as per registered timetabled route and running card
- The post holder will work alone on designated bus services strictly adhering to a registered route and published timetable and as part of a team of drivers within a rota system driving an allocated route that may vary as determined by service needs, working closely with passenger assistants (PA) allocated to specific routes.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks, routine maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles to a standard specified by the Council and the Department for Transport for example, oil, water and tyre safety and also ensuring the vehicle is suitably equipped for the daily operation. Keep appropriate vehicle records, e.g. defect card, log sheets up to date and fuel the vehicle daily
- To ensure the safe operation of exits from the vehicle including tailgate lifts and where appropriate the correct fitting of passenger and wheelchair restraint systems.
- Experience in driving a mini bus of up to 16 seats in the provision of passenger transport.
- Experience in providing services for disabled and vulnerable members of the community.
- Able to drive fluently and in a style commensurate with fuel efficiency.
- Able to learn and retain information on bus routes and maintain timetabling on routes.
- Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is required.
- Competences in Maths and English equivalent to NVQ 2
- A full driving licence with minimum D1 PCV category to drive a 16-seat mini bus vehicle is required.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
PCV JD and PS