25 Hours Week (8:30 – 1:30 daily)
Closing Date for Applications
21st March 2018
Required from April 2018
You will work under the direct instruction of our Office manager.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- ‘Model’ excellent professional relationships with children, parents and other professionals in the school
- Provide an excellent administrative service to the Nursery
- Perform Receptionist duties throughout the school day: acting as first point of reference for, receiving callers, children, parents, visitors and telephone enquiries.
- Offer helpful, friendly, approachable and professional service at all times and take appropriate action on own initiative, resolving minor matters, referring more serious matters to appropriate member of staff
- Adhere to school procedures and ensure that staff receive messages (telephone, email, fax, face-to-face) promptly and accurately
- Assist with paperless methods of communication by sending out emails. Photocopy and send out letters.
- Be responsible for the sale of school uniform, record and bank all income, order and maintain stock levels as necessary
- Collect, receipt, record and bank all income in relation to Nursery, including weekly and monthly reconciliation. Liaise with parents regarding advance payments and send reminders for arrears according to school policy.
- Use SIMS tracking system
- Process pupil admissions in accordance with admissions policy
- Maintain pupil database, amend/update records on the system, print reports such as attendance & dinner money
- Working in an educational setting, in an office or reception
- Admin experience
- ICT skills
- SIMS (desirable)
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Have good organisational skills
- Knowledge of “Think 2” and “Extended Hours” funding
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team and on own initiative
- A flexible approach to work
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th March 2018
All completed application forms to be returned directly to the school.
Winshill Village Primary and Nursery School,
Burton upon Trent Staffordshire
Tel: 01283 247570
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.