Deputy Headteacher – Newtown Primary School
Number on roll and age range: 232 – age 3 to 11 (one form entry primary school)
Newtown Primary School is seeking to recruit a Deputy Headteacher to play a key role in rapidly improving provision and outcomes.
We are looking for a Deputy Head who:
- Has the drive and resilience to ensure excellent things happen at Newtown Primary School.
- Has high expectations of themselves, colleagues and learners achievements, progress and behaviour.
- Has a proven and proactive approach to leading school improvement.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner, who will act as an ambassador for Teaching and Learning across the school, motivating, leading and supporting colleagues.
- Is skilled in data management analysis as an effective tool to accelerate progress and raise achievement.
- Has effective interpersonal skills and is committed to working in partnership with staff, parents, governors the local community.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to take a strategic role in the leadership of the school;
- An exciting opportunity to evidence significant impact.
- Ongoing professional development;
- A reduced teaching commitment allowing the capacity and time to mentor and develop practice across the school;
- A supportive, and hardworking staff team who are united in their drive to achieve the very best outcomes for every child;
- Friendly, happy children who are keen to learn;
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement. Please telephone the school office 0121 557 8504 to make an appointment.
The application form for this post can be downloaded from ETeach.
Closing date: 16th March 2018
Shortlisting: 19th March 2018
Interview date: 27th March 2018
This job is exempted under the Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and barring service (DBS)
Newtown Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment.
Leadership 8-12 £45,876 - £50,620 per annum
Newtown Primary School, Anne Close, West Bromwich, B70 0ES
16th March 2018