Teaching Assistant - President Kennedy School which is part of The Futures Trust
This is an exciting time to join The Futures Trust. The Trust is passionate about building brighter futures for the young people who attend its schools, and is a rapidly growing and successful Multi Academy Trust driven by a set of compelling values:
1. Learners First – teachers and leaders totally focused upon the educational benefit of our students
2. It’s about learning – students, teachers and leaders focused upon developing and improving their learning
3. No Barriers – no excuses, only support to ensure students, teachers and leaders maximise their achievement
We are seeking to appoint two Teaching Assistants to work with the College Directors and other colleagues across President Kennedy to support and enhance the teaching and learning of small groups/individual students and ensure students make progress in line with their targets.
You will be committed to building brighter futures and educated to Advanced Level / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent. You will have classroom experience, or relevant work with young people in one of a range of fields such as education, youth work, health and social work.
You will have a good understanding of the roles played by various adults in the education of young people as well as the issues pertaining to safeguarding children and young people. You will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a range of audiences, be highly organised, able to prioritise and work calmly under pressure - meeting strict deadlines and exercising attention to detail.
Employees of the Trust have access to:
• Supported professional development
• Career pathways across the Trust
• The Local Government Pension Scheme
• Competitive rates of pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Occupational Health Services
• Online discount at retail, travel, theme park and other leisure providers
• 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service
• Policies to support family and carer commitments
25 hours per week, term time only plus 1 week (39 weeks)
Application forms and further details are available to download below.
Please note that all applications must be received on an application form. We do not accept CV’s. Applications should be returned to email@example.com or to the school address marked for the attention of the HR Department.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 20th March 2018
Interviews: Date to be confirmed
President Kennedy School and The Futures Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates for all positions will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Job Description Teaching Assistant.pdf
Person Specification Teaching Assistant.pdf
President Kennedy School Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.pdf
TFT Safer Recruitment Policy May 2017.pdf
The Futures Trust Suitability Policy.pdf