Upper KS2 Class Teacher - Whitley Abbey Primary School
Whitley Abbey Primary School is a popular, thriving school situated on the outskirts of Coventry. Our intake of pupils reflects our diverse community and we offer a broad, balanced and creative curriculum for all our learners. We believe that our school is truly special. As our mission statement says ‘Our school is a place where everyone, including our parents, is encouraged to learn and grow together’.
From September 2014 we began to grow to two form entry and you could join us as we continue this exciting journey.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding applicant who has:
• The skills to take on a wider school role
• Excellent classroom practise
• Recent and relevant experience in a Upper KS2 classroom
• High expectations of the pupils and a commitment to raising standards
• A willingness and desire to learn and share good practise
• A passion for child-centred learning
• Enthusiasm and motivation
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Can work collaboratively with our partner special school
• Collaborating with our network
We can offer:
• A positive and welcoming learning community
• Enthusiastic and responsive children
• A committed and supportive teaching team
• Supportive parents and governors
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
Required From June 2018 after Whitsun break or for suitable candidate from September 2018. With possible responsibility point for relevant experience and qualifications
Applications are invited from experienced colleagues, those returning to the profession after a break and newly qualified Teachers. To apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the apply button.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For appointments please contact the school office on 02476 303392.
Closing date: Midnight on 18th March 2018
Interview date: 27th March 2018 (Candidates will be required to attend for the full day)
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf