Income Generation Officer
3 days left
West Midlands Police are seeking an experienced Income Generation Officer to join our Contracts and Procurement team within our Commercial Services directorate. This opportunity is based in central Birmingham and offered on a permanent full time basis
As Income Generation Officer you will research, develop and deliver income generation opportunities that support the strategic aims of the West Midlands Police (WMP). You will support and advise Neighbourhood Policing Units (NPUs), internal departments and partners on all aspects of income generation.
Here at West Midlands Police, we serve almost 2.8 million people – making us the second largest Police Force in England. We’re in the middle of radically overhauling all aspects of the business with WMP2020 - a modernisation plan that’ll change the way we operate.
Our Contracts and Procurement Unit is the force’s corporate commercial team, leading on the tendering and award of contracts, management of contracts and suppliers and achieving income generation for the force. To this degree, the Department is responsible for the procurement of circa £85 million worth of goods and services on an annual basis.
Within this role you will identify, assess, develop and deliver sources of income and opportunities for partnership working by building relationships with current suppliers and potential partners from the private, public and voluntary sectors providing them with appropriate information to enhance their understanding and support of the strategic aims of WMP.
As a subject matter expert in your field you will provide support and professional guidance on all aspects of income generation to Police Officers and Staff throughout the organisation. You’ll ensure that there are effective systems in place to identify, monitor and report on the income generated. Within your role you’ll contribute to the formulation and development of Departmental and OPCC plans, policies and processes in relation to income generation.
As the ideal candidate for the role of Income Generation Officer you will:
- Be experienced in successful negotiation and influencing other organisations and working with internal and external customers
- Have demonstrable experience in submitting and managing external funding bids and project and financial management
- Be numerate and possess a methodical/analytical approach to problem solving, with the ability to provide innovative approaches to delivering results
- Have an awareness and working understanding of the various funding streams that exist at a local, national and international level
- Be an experienced and skilled presenter – confident in delivering to senior leaders
- Be computer literate and have demonstrable experience in MS Office
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) within a financial/commercial field
- Possess a detailed understanding of public procurement laws and regulation relevant to this role
- Be able to demonstrate high quality communication skills; with experience of developing a strong rapport combined with inclusive and professional credibility with senior leadership teams
- Have excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Role model our values, Leadership Promise and Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
It is desirable, but not essential, that you are a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and have experience within a police force.
WMP is a large and diverse organisation where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in an encouraging and flexible environment. We're able to offer you a comprehensive range of rewards and benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) with the option to purchase additional days
- access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website
- modern working environment in central Birmingham
- opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme
- the option to join a generous pension scheme
If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please contact Leigh Jones, Head of Contracts and Procurement, via email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please click ‘Apply’.
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities”