Business Support Officer
The Housing Occupational Therapy team assess and support customers with both physical and mental health needs in relation to re-housing/ adaptations.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 5 - £18,070 - £20,138 per annum
We are looking to appoint a full-time Business Support Officer and require a flexible and self motivated person to support with administration and customer service duties.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a business administration background to take a lead role in providing, developing and managing business support functions within the housing occupational therapy team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Housing and how individual solutions can meet health and disability needs to improve independence and wellbeing.
Main duties include:
- To provide a professional front line customer response service, handling telephone calls and written communication from customers and their representatives with confidence and sensitivity, communicating effectively at all levels, forwarding accurate. messages/information to appropriate personnel, using initiative to resolve basic queries.
- To signpost customers effectively to other departments where relevant, supporting people with housing, health and disability needs.
- To check and record new referrals with particular regard to the latest eligibility legislation and guidance, identifying at the earliest stage any need for the application to be prioritised and/or case managed.
- To provide 1:1 support, supervision and line management to assistants, apprentices and students.
- To support with the taking of minutes and the preparation of departmental procedures/plans, assisting in recording and preparing data for measuring service outcomes and performance.
- Must be educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate experience with line management and supervision of staff.
- Be able to demonstrate planning and prioritising work to meet competing demands.
- Be able to demonstrate being a good team player but also capable of working on your own.
- Be able to demonstrate having specifically worked with customers with health or disability.
For further information or an informal chat please contact Cheryl Coe, Team Manager, Housing Occupational Therapy on 01384 814284 or via e-mail: Cheryl.email@example.com
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; http://help.wmjobs.co.uk/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents