Assistant Head Teacher leading Mathematics and More Able Pupils with responsibilities for leading Ye
Salary Range: L6 - L10 £44,544 - £49,199
Adderley Primary School, Arden Road, Saltley, Birmingham, B8 1DZ, Tel: 0121 464 1500
Are you an inspirational classroom practitioner who is passionate about Maths Mastery and challenging the most able?
We are offering a unique opportunity for an aspirational and ambitious Assistant Head Teacher to join our Strategic Leadership Team and enhance our Maths Mastery curriculum and lead on provision for More Able pupils across the school. We are looking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of leading children to be the very best they can be and learn without limits. We avidly believe that staff are our biggest asset and actively develop our leaders through our Leaders Academy.
Successful candidate will:
- Be inspired and able to inspire our children, staff parents and other stakeholders.
- Be committed to the principles of equality, inclusion and diversity.
- Be a positive, resilient and confident individual who has the drive for success.
- Have successful middle/senior leadership experience in a primary school setting.
- Be highly enthusiastic and dedicated practitioner, demonstrating consistently good and outstanding teaching over time.
- Be committed to fostering excellent relationships between parents, carers and the community.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Demonstrate the leadership potential, management skills and curriculum vision necessary to provide a high quality learning experience for our children.
- Demonstrate an outstanding understanding of Maths Mastery (Maths No Problem) curriculum.
- Be passionate about and committed to challenging the most able.
- Be able to both build and lead effective teams while also being an effective team member, demonstrating humility and a highly supportive ethos for all colleagues.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and supportive Governing Body.
- A unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, forward-thinking school.
- An opportunity to be part of a highly supporting Strategic Leadership Team.
- Extremely well-mannered children that demonstrate a thirst for learning.
- Excellent, coaching and opportunities for professional and career development.
- A committed and supportive Governing Body who are dedicated to school improvement.
- An established curriculum, which you will be able to develop with support and guidance.
Closing Date: Friday 20 April 2018 12 noon
We encourage you to come and talk to our staff and children and meet our leaders. Informal visits are most welcome at 4.00 pm, please telephone the school on the above number to make an appointment or to request an application pack. Application forms can be downloaded from our website or obtained from the school office. CV’s will not be accepted.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer