Phase Leader (KS1)
+ TLR2a (including leadership of a non-core subject + £2,667)
+ TLR2b (including leadership of English or Computing + £4,441)
Colebourne Primary School, Stechford Road, Hodge Hill, Birmingham, B34 6BJ
Tel: (0121) 675 8500 option 2, Email: email@example.com
Mr Stuart Guest – Head Teacher
A fantastic opportunity for a teacher to join our happy, successful, caring and hence oversubscribed school as a class teacher and Phase Leader for Years 1 and 2. Our most recent OFSTED inspection graded the school as GOOD overall, with OUTSTANDING Behaviour and Safety of pupils, and OUTSTANDING Leadership and Management.
We are looking for a committed, hard-working, enthusiastic teacher who is able to consistently demonstrate high quality classroom practice and has the ability to effectively support, encourage and motivate others.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Autumn Term 2018. The specific year group and subject responsibilities can be discussed with the successful candidate.
In addition to being a class teacher, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Lead a Phase Group (Y1 and Y2) in terms of organisation, statutory assessments, and monitoring of teaching and learning.
- Lead by example and support the teaching practice of colleagues.
- Have an overview of behaviour and pastoral care for children across the phase.
- Be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To involve parents, governors and the wider community.
We can offer you:
- A forward thinking school, striving for continual improvement and innovation.
- A welcoming and friendly school with a positive ethos.
- A place to build positive relationships to support and care for children and help meet their needs.
- An exciting and fun curriculum to teach.
- The opportunity for continuing professional development including leadership development and dedicated leadership time.
Closing Date: Monday 23 April 2018, 12 noon
Visits to the school are highly recommended. The following dates are available for prospective candidates to visit the school for a tour and a talk with Mr. Guest:
Tuesday 20 March, 4.00pm
Thursday 22 March, 4.30pm
Thursday 29 March, 11am
Wednesday 18 April, 9am and 4pm
To book onto one of the visits or for further details about the vacancy, please contact Colebourne Primary School.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who have completed the school application form and self-disclosure form (available via the school website vacancy section or by contacting the school)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer