Class Teacher EYFS, KS1 or KS2 (M1 - M6)
Birchwood Primary School
Class Teacher (EYFS, KS1 or KS2) - Required from September 2018
Teacher Main Scale M1 – M6
The Governors of Birchwood Primary School are seeking an excellent class teacher to join the friendly team of our popular and successful ‘outstanding’ graded (OFSTED) school.
Birchwood Primary School is a very popular and thriving school. It is a wonderful place to teach in and an inspirational place to be a pupil in. We are very fortunate to have over 400 enthusiastic, energetic and wonderfully behaved children, who are always up for a challenge and delighted by all the positive changes we have made to the school. They are fiercely loyal to their school and highly supportive.
We are proud of our committed staff at all levels. They take great pride in their school and make a strong impact on outcomes for our pupils. The teachers, highly praised by OFSTED in 2014/15 for their teaching and commitment, are a professional and hardworking team who are excellently supported by our invaluable Teaching Assistants. Our Midday Supervisors, Site Management and Administration teams are very valued and share our determination to drive forward progress.
We are looking forward to welcoming new teachers to join our team in our journey as an ‘outstanding’ school. Support and professional development is second to none. Not only do our Newly Qualified Teachers experience an induction programme which is recognised as a ‘county model of best practice’, but all of our staff at every level benefit from high quality professional development opportunities. Many of our staff have also enjoyed the unique and unrivalled opportunity to work across our excellent academy primary schools and gain promoted posts within our academy.
Our school gets involved in everything. We enter all manner of competitions from poetry writing, to singing in national choirs, to local sports events, we sometimes even win them! Our dedicated staff contributes to the vast range of extra –curricular activities we offer children, who attend in large numbers.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who ensures that all children whatever their ability make great progress
- be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and their colleagues
- set the highest standards for themselves and others
- have excellent subject and curriculum knowledge which they use to engage children
- work successfully and positively in partnership with parents and our community
You will benefit from:
- Pupils whose ‘outstanding behaviour’ contributes strongly to our school ethos
- Innovative colleagues who are great ‘team players’ and are always welcoming and supportive
- Parents who encourage their children to do their best and support us at every opportunity
- Highly regarded professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages in their career
- The opportunity to work across our primary schools and unrivalled career opportunities
- A leadership team who will support, encourage and allow you to shine
We welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our wonderful school.
Tours of school: 16th April at 1.30 p.m. and 17th April at 9 a.m.
(please contact the school office to confirm attendance)
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th April 2018
Proposed Interview Date: Friday 27th April 2018 - successful applicants are likely to be required for the complete day.
Queries and completed Applications to: Mrs J Jackson Office Manager
C/O Birchwood Primary School, Birchwood Avenue, Dordon, Tamworth, B78 1QU
Tel: 01827 892 913
Visit our website: www.birchwoodprimaryschool.com
Birchwood Primary School is a proud member of The Community Academies Trust and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.