Nursery Nurse/Learning Support Assistant - Manor Park Primary School
As part of the school’s drive to further strengthen teaching and learning within school, Governors wish to make the following appointment.
37 hours per week, 39 weeks term time only
Mornings 18.75 hours G4 Salary £17,772 – £21,266 pro rata
Learning Support Assistant
Afternoons 18.25 hours Grade 3 Salary £16,123-£18,070 pro rata
Including 1-hour planning 4-5 pm Thursday
This job is not suitable for job share
We are seeking to appoint a nursery key worker to work in nursery each morning and our Early Years Extended Provision (EYEP) each afternoon. We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, organised and caring individual who can work on their own initiative as well as being an effective team member.
Working under the direct supervision of the nursery teacher and EYEP manager, the purpose of the post is to act as a key worker for a group of 13 morning nursery children who then move to EYEP in the afternoon, as they attend our nursery provision all day. As part of the role there will be an expectation that learning journals, assessments and end of year reports of the nursery group of pupils will be completed by the key worker and contributions will be made to medium term and weekly planning during a weekly after school planning meeting.
Applicants should have:
• Good Literacy and Numeracy skills equivalent to GCSE (A-C grades) in English and Maths
• Learning and Support Assistant Level 3, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education, NNEB or equivalent
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including the use of ICT, in face to face situations and in the production of accurate written records and formal notes
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Ability to work effectively with and form supportive relationships with pupils
• Ability to liaise with teaching staff
• Ability to network with parents and a wide range of support services
• The vision and commitment to further develop nursery provision in school
Application forms and further details are available below and will be by letter addressed to the Headteacher. Please return completed application forms to email@example.com
Appointment to this post will involve an interview with the Headteacher, EYFS leader and EYEP manager.
Candidates should indicate in their applications:
• Their current role and experiences of working with children and how this has impacted on pupil outcomes in school
• Their knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
• Their views on how nursery provision can be developed in school to support parents by our offer of 30-hour funding and how they could impact on the provision
Visits to the school w/b April 16th and w/b 23rd April are warmly invited. Please contact the Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 02476 501736 to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th April at 9am with interviews held w/b 30th April.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitmentSupporting documents
Equal Opportunities Form.doc
Learning Support Assistant Job Description.doc
Learning Support Assistant Person Specification.doc
Nursery Nurse Job Description.doc
Nursery Nurse Person Specification.doc