ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER
River View Primary and Nursery School
ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER (Assessment) L6~ L9
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who is passionate about teaching and learning and can lead by example.
You will be an outstanding teacher with leadership experience and be driven by the core purpose that all children should make good progress each year. Ideally we are looking for a strong Year 6 teacher who can also be a key driver in our journey to good; working with the team to enable a strong and consistent shared vision of expectations that translates into practice.
You will lead and manage data and raise teaching standards through monitoring and assessment. This role involves a teaching commitment with regular leadership time for additional responsibilities.
Our school can offer you:
- An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of children
- A supportive school community
- A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team.
- The successful candidates will need to have:
- Successful middle leadership experience
- Track record of impact in current role
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a team of people to markedly improve pupil outcomes
- Experience of working in partnership with external partners
- A passion for teaching and investing in the development of the profession
- Fantastic resilience with a real ‘can do attitude’
- A wiliness to go over and above ‘the call of duty’
- Strong evidence of professional development
- A great sense of humour.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed at the following times:
Thursday 12th April, times: 2.00 pm & 4.00 pm
Friday 13th April, time: 10.00 am
Monday 16th April, times: 11.00 am & 3.00 pm
Wednesday 18th April, times: at 9.30 am & 4.00 pm
Friday 20th April, time: 2.30 pm
River View Primary and Nursery School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk along with relevant employment checks.
- Application packs are available from the school please contact Sue Wilkinson (telephone 01283 260157), by post River View Primary and Nursery School, Suffolk Road, Stapenhill, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE15 9HR.
- Closing Date: Thursday 26th April 2018 at 4.00 pm.
Interview Date: Friday 11th May 2018.