Amazing UKS2 Assistant Headteacher & Writing Specialist Needed!
L4-L8 - negotiable depending on experience and general brilliance with generous bonus linked to 2019 SATs results for Year 6 teachers
Moor Green Primary Academy, Moor Green Lane, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 9NY
Start date: September 2018
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
If you have what it takes to Enrich Lives and Unlock Potential, then the children of Moor Green need YOU!
Recruitment opportunities available due to the relocation of current staff.
This isn’t just any teaching job. This is the opportunity to be part of something amazing, to improve the life chances of children and to accelerate your career at a phenomenal rate. This unique post will be based in UKS2 and is designed to empower the successful candidate to do whatever it takes to make writing wonderful at our school.
Our school is part of the REAch2 Academy Trust - the largest primary only academy chain in the UK. With our nearest REAch2 school just three miles away, you will be working with other amazing practitioners who share your vision of an outstanding education for all.
However, don’t let our size frighten you. We are friendly and pride ourselves in our family ethos – come and see for yourselves. Those who visit, do not want to leave!
So, if you are:
- Driven by a strong moral purpose to enable achievement for all …
- Passionate about making writing a wonderful experience for children (and adults!)…
- A writing genius who can share your excellent practise with colleagues across the primary age range in a nurturing and supportive way…
- Adept at joint planning, team-teaching, interventions, coaching and mentoring or whatever it takes to bring about excellence in provision and outcomes…
- Warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals…
- Unafraid of hard work…
- Calm and able to handle pressure and setbacks…
- Keen to be challenged to become the best that you can be…
- Able to be pushed at an accelerated rate of development, and reflective and proactive enough to make it happen…
Then you would love to work at Moor Green Primary Academy and we would love welcome you to the team.
This is a once in lifetime opportunity to be part of something special. This opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our quest.
We can offer you:
- A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career;
- The chance to be part of a Multi-Academy Trust that genuinely cares about YOU;
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the West Midlands Multi-Academy Trust;
- The chance to work with a fantastic team;
- The chance to develop the subject you are passionate about;
- An excellent CPD training programme with REAch2 and beyond;
- A tenacious and courageous leadership team who encourage creativity and thinking outside of the box:
- Appreciative, well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils;
- Proactive parents dedicated to joining us on our journey to excellence.
We would like to hear from great teachers and leaders, with primary experience and a genuine commitment to improving the life chances of the children they teach.
Give us a call even if you're just a tiny bit interested - it really is as exciting as it sounds!
For an informal discussion, please contact Nicola Fisher (Executive Headteacher) on 07917 679 415 – leave a message and I promise I will get back to you!
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience – you need to meet our brilliant children! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 464 5662 to make further arrangements.
Closing Date: mid-day on Wednesday 25 April 2018
To request an application pack, please email Miss Claire Jones, School Business Manager – email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.