£15246.00 - £17072.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
37.0 Hours per Week - Rotating shift pattern including 1 in 3 Saturdays.
We are looking for a Facilities Porter to join our Porters’ Team based at The Core, Solihull’s premier community arts and library building. You will be responsible for providing a high quality facilities/porter’s service for the benefit of staff and customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Opening and closing of buildings at designated times.
- Stock control and replenishing of goods
- Routine Maintenance
- Basic Health & Safety inspections and security patrols.
You will have basic numeracy and literacy skills and be able to:-
- Communicate with people at all levels
- Physically carry out routine maintenance repairs and office moves.
- Work on a rotating shift pattern which will also include 1 in 3 Saturdays.
In return we can offer a diverse role within a friendly and supportive team, recently awarded Council’s Team of the Year Award.
We also offer:
- Flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
If you would like an informal discussion prior to applying online then please contact John-Evan Jones on 0121 704 6367 or check out our YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoBKogEfwlU
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.